Your time-off benefits depend on your employment status:
- Non-exempt associates: Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Exempt associates: Vacation, Sick, and Family Care Days
Additionally, all eligible full- and part-time associates receive a total of 14 paid holidays – 12 fixed holidays plus 2 floating holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Paid bereavement leave is also available.
PTO provides a "bank" of time for associates to use at their discretion, such as for a vacation, illness or other time-off needs.
Full-time non-exempt associates working 40 standard hours a week are granted PTO based on calendar years of service.
- In your first calendar year of service (year 0), your PTO is based on a prorated portion of a 15 day PTO allotment using date of hire.
- After the year in which you were hired, you receive 20 PTO days annually (calendar years 1‑4)
- Upon completing four full-calendar years, you receive 25 PTO days annually (calendar years 5‑9)
- Upon completing nine full-calendar years, you receive 30 PTO days annually (calendar years 10+)
Full-time associates working 40 standard hours a week are granted vacation based on calendar years of service.
- In your first calendar year of service (year 0), your vacation is based on a prorated portion of a 10 day vacation allotment using date of hire.
- After the year in which you were hired, you receive 15 vacation days annually (calendar years 1‑4)
- Upon completing four full-calendar years, you receive 20 vacation days annually (calendar years 5+)
Exempt associates are granted paid sick time on an as-needed basis. Additionally, three Family Care Days are granted annually for you to take care of family members.
- If you work less than 40 standard hours, the PTO/vacation allotments shown above are prorated based on your standard hours as maintained in Workday.
- You may use PTO/vacation time and floating holidays after satisfying a 90-day probationary period.
- Paid holidays are equal to 8 hours per day for full-time associates and 4 hours per day for part-time associates.
- All full-time and part-time associates are eligible for up to one week of Bereavement Leave (based on their standard hours as maintained in Workday) each calendar year in the event of the death of a family member, relative or someone you consider family.
It's important to note that unused purchased PTO/vacation may not be carried over into another calendar year—and you must use earned PTO/vacation before purchased time.
See Pulse for more details about Capital One's time-off programs. Note: Associates in certain locations may be covered under separate time off policies as required by state or local law.